How to Customize Your Wedding Ring
Have you set out to plan the wedding of your dreams? Beauty lies in the minor things. And, the smallest, most important detail to start with is the ring. It’s the one piece of jewelry you will wear for the rest of your life. It’s supposed to be special. If that’s so, it could be best to customize your wedding ring.
Before you start off, let’s get through the steps together and see how you can get the best out of it.
1. Time Is Key When You Customize Your Wedding Ring
Time is a prerequisite issue if you wish to custom-tailor your wedding ring. Depending on how complicated or unconventional your ring design is, it may take some time.
Unless you have at least several months until the wedding, you might need a plan B and buy an already created ring. However, if you have enough time, your efforts will be worthwhile.
2. Outline the Basic Design
Do you have a clear image of your ideal wedding ring? Maybe you only have an intuitive sense of how it should look like. Or, you may find yourself at the point where no existing ring pleases you and wish to get something unique. Here are things to keep in mind while sketching your ideas:
- Think of your engagement ring. It needs to fit into that exact picture.
- Match the ring design with your daily life. If you tend to dress in high-end fashion, go for a classy, sparkling ring. Or, choose a lower profile jewel if you are more of a nature lover, or if you are a busy, on-the-go woman.
- Let the expert have a final word. You know your tastes and expectations better than anyone. It’s you who should give directions on how to customize your wedding ring. But, at the end of the day, an expert knows best how to find the best match between materials, patterns, and designs. So, you should trust his or her expertise. Any authorized Uneek retail partner in your area will be able to answer your questions about customizing your ring, and walk you through the whole custom design process.
3. Look for an Experienced Jeweler
Making unique wedding rings is no piece of cake. So, before you go to the only jeweler you know in town, do research. Find jewel makers who:
- Have a long history of producing unique jewels
- Have great reviews and recommendations
- Have come up with designs that impressed you
4. Prepare for a Back and Forth Process
If you customize your wedding ring, get ready to put some of your time and effort into it. Of course, the jeweler is the one doing all the hard work. Still, you will have to schedule a few meetings for agreeing on final decisions. What will these meetings involve?
- Sharing your own design ideas and giving hints on what you expect
- Sketch presentation
- Blueprint refinement
- Final adjustments
5. Get Yourself Legally Covered
Since we’re talking about an expensive investment, it’s wise to take some legal precautions.
- Contract with the jeweler – Include all the details about the materials, designs, and even production deadlines.
- Insurance contract – The more expensive the ring, the better the idea.
I hope you found this article useful. If you’re looking for some inspiration on how to tailor your wedding ring, check out our website and see our unique wedding jewelry. If you already have a clear picture of your dream ring, we can help you customize it.