Centuries ago, the engagement moment used to be more of a family agreement rather than an exclusive experience for the couple. Sometimes, it did not even include a ring.
On the other hand, proposal expectations have reached overly high levels these days. The first essential element in the story is the engagement ring.
- The value, the design and even the color of this piece of jewelry are now a reflection of a person’s love.
- The ring needs to be unique and utterly surprising.
- Plus, it should reflect the personality and lifestyle of your future bride.
You’ve probably checked all these criteria, and you’ve got the ring. Hold on with planning the engagement party with your friends though.
Now, it’s time to prepare the second essential element: The proposal.
Here’s a list of ideas to give your beloved an unforgettable experience:
Choose the Place
It’s all right if you go for a simpler option like the home or the park. But many women prefer unique experiences, and this takes special environments:
- The place where you first met. Going back to the starting point is quite romantic for some people.
- A rooftop where you love the view of the city. Never underestimate the twinkling of the lights. The heights make your heart beat faster and adds a bit more spice to the event.
- Outdoor places such as a unique fountain, a beautiful park or somewhere in nature.
- A public event like a theater or a concert. You can arrange things with the manager of the event and ask permission to make the proposal at the end of the program. Just make sure this will impresse your girlfriend instead of scaring her off.
- Online setting. You can create a web page for your proposal. Leave your future bride a hint about how to find it.
Select the “Ingredients” of The Moment
Keep in mind that the proposal is not just about popping a question and the giving an engagement ring.
It’s also about sound, taste, intimacy and surprise. Here are a few ideas you can choose from:
- Music – Some say that music opens our souls. It adds to a romantic moment. You can either hire a band or ask a friend to play for you. Or, you can use some recorded music.
- Romantic setting – Candles, dim lights, pleasant scents, and comfortable sitting places. You can hardly go wrong with any of these.
- Gourmet – If you enjoy cooking, you can try preparing something special yourself. If not, it’s best to hire a chef and make the moment memorable from this point of view.
- A puzzle proposal – You can turn a picture of you holding the ring into a puzzle. Keep the puzzle piece with the ring and let her discover the missing part.
- Skywriting – For a daring couple, skywriting your proposal may do the trick. You don’t get to see you name up in the air every day.
Find the Perfect Way to “Present” the Engagement Ring
Giving your fiancé the engagement ring is the peak of the proposal act. Make sure this part is impeccable and does not get wasted in the heat of the moment. You can:
- Place it in a cake she’s eating for dessert
- Hand it to her while kneeling
- Hide it in the sand if you are on the beach
- Have a waiter from the restaurant bring it over on a plate
- Place it on the bed in a discreet way
One Final Tip
No matter what setting and proposal ideas you choose, make sure everything goes smoothly. So, rehearse every step of the way to avoid overlooking something.
Once she says yes, it’s time to look for wedding bands to match the engagement ring. Take a look at our website and see which one suits you best.
Or, if you still have not found the perfect ring, look at our collection of rings to buy a matching pair.
The post How to Propose in Style Once You’ve Bought the Engagement Ring appeared first on UNEEK JEWELRY.