The Ultimate Guide to Wedding Band Styles
“With this ring, I thee wed,” that beautiful vow often heard at wedding ceremonies shows how important your wedding band is. The never-ending circle shape made of precious metal has been a longstanding symbol of lasting love and treasured unity. It dates back to Ancient Egyptians who believed wearing the symbolic ring opened a gateway to the afterlife in which their love would carry on forever. From there, ancient Roman and Greek cultures began their tradition of wedding bands of gold with precious stones, leading up to the 12th century when exchanging rings became the standard tradition for formal marriage ceremonies and continues to be today.
Modern-day women’s wedding band styles now come in a wide variety, and knowing the different wedding band styles will help you choose the wedding band that is perfect for you, one that both complements your engagement ring and fits with your style.
Different Wedding Band Styles
- Eternity Wedding Bands: An eternity wedding band style features diamonds and gemstones around the entire band. It is a perfect match for a classic solitaire engagement ring, adding extra sparkle and shine, and offers versatility as you can create a match-set cohesive look if you’d like by choosing an eternity band with diamonds of the same cut as your engagement ring.
Eternity bands also are a stunning choice for those wishing to wear their wedding band alone without their engagement ring. With beautiful diamonds covering the entirety of the band, an eternity-style wedding band can make a gorgeous statement all on its own.
This Uneek Diamond Eternity Style Wedding Band is a perfect example of both of the best qualities of an eternity band: with 23 emerald cut diamonds encompassing the entire band, this ring easily gains attention on its own, but then also imagine the striking beauty of all those emerald cut diamonds beside an emerald cut solitaire ring.
- Classic/Simple Wedding Bands: Classic and simple wedding band styles, sometimes referred to as metal wedding band styles, typically feature no gemstones and instead are designed and crafted using only precious metals like platinum, white gold, rose gold, or yellow gold.
Classic wedding bands appeal to those who appreciate a wedding band's symbolic tradition and nature. They’re also a timeless look that can complement any engagement ring style. Classic and simple wedding bands are popular among physically active people.
This 18K Yellow Gold Uneek Wedding Band practically glows, perfectly exemplifying the simple beauty classic wedding band styles exude. It’s a timeless look that can match anything while keeping its longstanding identity as the iconic symbol of a love that lasts forever.
- Vintage Wedding Bands: Vintage wedding band styles feature delicate designs and intricate motifs like filigree detailing, milgrain, halos, and dazzling gemstone silhouettes that create a romantic feeling and carry an old-world charm.
If you love the look of a family heirloom or want to add a sense of time-worn treasure to your modern engagement ring, a vintage wedding band style is the way to achieve that look. From highly glamorous to dainty and simple, vintage wedding bands span various styles with antique romantic charm.
With the ability to evoke a feeling of simpler times, vintage wedding bands like this Uneek Antique-Inspired Diamond Wedding Band, with its 17 round diamonds all nestled into fancy shapes with milgrain edges, carries a presence of calm wisdom with sparkling class. Pairing vintage wedding band styles with your engagement ring has a chic way of subtly elevating your whole look.
- Gemstone Wedding Bands: Gemstone wedding bands are a good choice for those who love going a less traditional route or simply love a bold pop of color. Selecting a wedding band with colored gemstone accents like sapphires, rubies, or emeralds will not only add a splash of color to your wedding rings but can also be a beautiful way to add even more meaning to your wedding band.
Sapphires are a traditional symbol of nobility, truth, and romance, and rubies are also associated with romance, devotion, and vitality. While emeralds, like the three oval emerald gemstones dramatically featured in this Uneek Diamond Gemstone Wedding Band, have a rich history of being highly valued worldwide for centuries, and they also represent Venus, the goddess of love.
The thoughtfulness of choosing a wedding band style that manages to add to the symbolic meaning all the different wedding band styles already carry creates a regal look that is truly unique to gemstone wedding bands.
- Stackable Wedding Bands: For a truly personalized look, creating your wedding band stack goes beyond the classic pairing of your engagement ring and one band and allows for customizing the perfect combination representing your unique style.
You can add a third band to bookend your engagement ring, which will make your engagement ring a center-stage focal point, or you can add multiple bands for an eclectic look.
Adding an artistically designed band to your wedding sets, like this Uneek Diamond Fashion Ring, instantly upgrades your style and sparkle. Stackable wedding bands can also be worn with other fine jewelry you already have.
Finding Your Uneek Wedding Band Style
While women’s wedding band styles vary from simple metal to glamorously glittering and time-tested traditional to stacked up modern, they are all a beautiful symbol of your unending love. You’ve found your perfect love. Let us help you find the perfect wedding band style to symbolize it. Discover where you can find Uneek Jewelry’s award-winning collection of different wedding band styles at a local jeweler near you by clicking here.